Hey, welcome back to “In the Kitchen with Kati.” In today’s blog post we are going to be talking about all things chocolate chip cookies. Plus a recipe for my favorite ones!
So first, let us talk about all of the different varieties of chocolate chip cookies. There is of course simple chocolate chips. That is always something to fall back on because it is simple but it is still an amazing flavor that mostly everyone enjoys. There are also other things that you can substitute for the traditional semi-sweet chocolate chips like white chocolate, milk chocolate, and even dark chocolate chips. Some people have even been known to put M&M’s in their cookies, which I personally do not prefer to do. Another add-in some people like to do is put in nuts such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, or macadamia nuts.
A quick reminder to read the whole recipe, then do it to make sure you do everything correctly! Now I will be telling the recipe of my favorite chocolate chip cookies that you can now enjoy as well!
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup/ 2 sticks of butter
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups/ 12 oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or your choice substitute)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Then beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl or mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one is put in.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place about a tablespoon size amount of batter onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake them for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make sure to cool them for about two minutes before putting them on cooling racks to finish cooling.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Another thing to remember is that you should enjoy the process of baking and have fun with it! It is also one thing to bake these types cookies because most of the ingredients you probably have in your house right now! One of my favorite things about baking anything, but especially chocolate chip cookies is that it makes the whole house smell amazing and you get to enjoy the gooey chocolate. And when you eat them hot and fresh with a glass of milk is one of my favorite things to do! Or even the next day! This recipe is also nice to use because it is easy to do just like the pumpkin bars in my last post! Which by the way you should read if you have not yet done yet! Thank you for reading, I hope you tune in next time!