Hello welcome back to “In the Kitchen with Kati.” Today I am going to be teaching you how to make t.v. crunch! You are probably wondering what that is. It is a snack mix my grandma made when my mom was very young. It is an amazing snack to have when you are, of course, watching t.v., reading, or anytime you want! It is pretty much a homemade chex mix, but way better! My whole family likes it and have me or my mom make them some. Even my moms’ friends do too. Now here is the recipe for this delicious t,v, crunch!
Tools you need are a large roasting pan, like the one you would use to roast a turkey, they’re usually sixteen to eighteen inches long, and about three to four inches deep. If you don’t have a roasting pan you can buy a disposable foil roasting pan at any grocery store. You will also need a large rubber-maid container or popcorn bin to store after it is done.
- 1 box of rice chex
- half box of cheerios
- half box of kix cereal
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- 1 small can of cocktail peanuts
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 tbsp of seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp of celery salt
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- Preheat to 300*
- Empty the cereals, pretzels, and peanuts into the roasting pan and mix. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan combine butter, salts, and worcestershire sauce and heat and stir until the butter is melted.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the cereal mixture and stir to combine them. Then put it in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour at 300*, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then let it cool down.
- Now place it in an airtight storage container.
This recipe is a family tradition of ours that we make all year but especially in the fall. It can be changed a little to make it your own! You can add cheez-its and cashews for different flavors. Or you can also add cayenne pepper or hot sauce to the butter mixture for some extra spice! Please feel free to experiment with it and let me know how it turns out! I hope you enjoy my t.v. crunch recipe! Have fun making it like I always hope you do! See you next time!