Hi! This is Alex! On this week’s blog post, I will be telling you a cute and fun way to make a bird feeder. This DIY project is a good craft to do with kids; because, the bird feeders are easy to make. My cousins and I made these bird feeders over Thanksgiving break. We had fun making them, even though they were quite messy.
Younger kids doing this craft may need some adult supervision; because, it is kind of hard to hold the roll with the peanut butter covering it. Other than that, this craft is not hard for kids to do. From our experience, I would recommend newspaper under the paper plate as not all the bird seed that you put on will stick.
- Peanut Butter
- Paper towel roll or toilet paper roll
- Wood craft stick
- Plastic Knife
- Paper plate
- Cup (optional)
- Put a paper plate on top of some newspaper, so that you make less of a mess with this DIY project.
2. Use the plastic knife to spread peanut butter on the paper towel roll or toilet paper roll, completely covering it.
3. Grab a handful of bird seed and sprinkle it over the peanut butter (Using a cup is optional). Shake off the bird seed that did not stick onto a paper plate. Then when you have mostly filled the roll with bird seed, use the extra on the plate to fill in the empty spots.
4. Tie some yarn around the end of the craft stick, tie a double knot to make it stay on. Put the craft stick through the paper towel roll or toilet paper roll. Then tie your final knot around the other end of the craft stick, making this a double knot as well.
5. Hang your homemade bird feeder outside on a hook, so that the birds can eat the bird seed.
After you have finished your homemade bird feeder, sit back and watch all the birds that come to eat the bird seed. I hope you have as much fun making these bird feeders as my family and I did. Thank you for reading my blog post this week.